At BioInvent we are experts on antibodies and cancer immunology. We strive to develop first-in-class immuno-modulatory antibody-based - treatments that have significant potential to improve cancer outcome and cancer patients’ quality of life. We are based in Lund in Sweden and amongst our 70+ employees cover all parts for drug development including preclinical research, manufacturing and clinical trials.
Together we are creating an exciting future of BioInvent and we welcome you to be part of this journey as Manufacturing Scientist – Purification
We are seeking a Manufacturing Scientist for Purification with hands-on experience in large-scale purification of monoclonal antibodies under GMP conditions. This position sits in downstream part of Manufacturing group which is placed in the Division of Technical Operations responsible for all CMC related activities including process development, manufacturing, QC and QA. We generate cell lines, develop processes and supply BioInvent’s clinical projects with antibodies, and additionally serve external customers as a CMO. At BioInvent we mainly use CHO cells for production and cultivate cells in single use bioreactors in sizes up to 1000L.
- Plan, prepare and perform large scale purification of monoclonal antibodies
- Participate in small scale experiments
- Participate in tech transfer
- Share your expertise and be able to train and develop other team members
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Draft and revise documents such as SOPs, methods and technical reports
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements related to routine functions
- Be subject matter expert during audits
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience with large scale purification in GMP
- Expertise with chromatography systems, filtration and ultrafiltration
- Experience with ÄKTA systems and UNICORN is an advantage
- Experience with work in clean-rooms, class C and D
- Experience with LAF-work
- Documented ability to work across multiple projects in parallel
- Experience in customer relations and project planning
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Understanding Swedish is an advantage.
Skills and Capabilities
We are looking for a driven, structured, self-motivated and responsible person, who easily collaborates and communicates with others both verbally and in writing. You have excellent problem-solving skills and you enjoy creating efficient working methods and contributing with your experience to ensure continuous improvements.
Your attitude and personality are of great importance - you are thorough yet efficient and strongly committed to making things happen. You understand the importance of achieving results, being flexible and adjusting to our processes, keeping deadlines and securing the highest quality of your work. You are enthusiastic and enjoy generating results and achieving goals both individually and jointly with your team.
If you match above described profile and are excited to contribute to BioInvent’s important cancer research journey, we welcome you to apply for this position.
The position is a full-time position based in Lund, Sweden. The working hours are flex-time and mainly day-time but occasional evening work can be expected.
The work will be a mix of desk-job and hands on work in the GMP facility and/or development laboratories. Manual work and heavy lifting may occur.
Welcome to apply by sendig us your CV and personal letter. Selection is on-going and interviews will be held continuously which means the positions can be filled before deadline. Please make sure to send in your application as soon as possible, at the latest 2021-04-25.
BioInvent has a collective agreement and contact persons for the Unions are:
Fredrik Wiberg, Akademikerföreningen and Jenny Nilsson, Unionenklubben