We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Engineer/Scientist for the Protein and Analytical Chemistry (PAC) team at BioInvent in Lund. The PAC team collaborates closely with other teams within the company by supporting BioInvent’s development of antibodies for use in clinical trials for treatment of cancer patients. We also support external customers in their drug development programs. The person we are seeking is highly knowledgeable in the field of protein chemistry, an experienced analyst with the responsibilities to plan and execute experiments, interpret data and summarize results in reports.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Small scale purification of antibodies and target proteins, using e.g. ÄKTA Systems, batch purification
- Analytical analysis of antibodies using e.g. HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, spectroscopy, ELISA
- Interpret analytical data and reporting results
- Method development in the field of protein purification, conjugations and analytical assays
- Outline and review study plans and reports
To succeed in this position, we believe you have the following qualifications:
- A bioanalytical chemist/engineer or equivalent degree, with primary focus in protein and analytical chemistry
- Experience with technologies like, protein purification, HPLC/UPLC, electrophoresis (CE and slab gels), spectroscopy, ELISA, chemical modifications of protein, carbohydrate chemistry
- Experience in the field of antibodies is highly advantageous
- Excellent skill to analyze, interpret, and report experimental findings
- Be technically competent
- Industry experience working with biological products is highly advantageous
- Knowledge in mass spectrometry is advantageous
- Knowledge in GMP is advantageous
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Good computer skills, experience with electronic document handling systems
You as a person
As a person, you are thorough, structured, and responsible but at the same time efficient, driven, and creative. Personal suitability is of great importance, and we believe that you have a positive attitude, a strong commitment, flexible, and are proactive and open minded to take on new challenges. You enjoy communicating and collaborating with others, since you will be working with different projects in parallel. You understand the importance of achieving results, meeting deadlines, and ensuring high quality in your work. You are enthusiastic and enjoy creating results and achieving goals both individually and together with the team.
The position is a full-time position based in Lund.
Please send your application (CV and personal letter). Interviews will be held continuously which means the positions can be filled before deadline. Please make sure to send in your application as soon as possible, at the latest 2021-08-29.
BioInvent has a collective agreement and contact persons for the Unions are:
Elin Birgersson, Akademikerföreningen and Jenny Nilsson, Unionenklubben