We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Bioinformatics Engineer/Scientist for the Core team at BioInvent in Lund. The Core team is part of the Preclinical Research department and our main focus is to support the various research projects within the fields of molecular biology, cell biology and bioinformatics.
In this position, you will carry out a broad range of bioinformatic tasks, such as analysis of NGS data and statistical analysis on large datasets. You will be working closely with experts within immunology and oncology, requiring a deep understanding of biological processes as well as excellent communication and problem solving skills. In your role, you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to our preclinical research by enabling exploration and visualization of data. You will have a major impact on the direction of data analysis, with freedom to explore new analytical methods.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Providing bioinformatical expertise, proposing suitable modes of analysis to answer biological questions.
· Analysis and quality control of NGS data, such as bulk RNA seq and single cell sequencing data including CITE-seq, trajectory analysis and TCR/BCR tracing
· Performing statistical analysis and applying machine learning approaches to various datasets, such as multicolor flow cytometry data.
· Developing tools for streamlining processes within the preclinical department
Professional qualifications To succeed in this position, we believe you have the following qualifications:
· A master’s degree or higher in cellular biology, molecular biology, bioinformatics or equivalent
· Experience in Python and/or R
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience with dimensionality reduction and clustering techniques, such as UMAP
- Experience with UNIX
You as a person
As a person, you are thorough, organized, and responsible but also efficient, driven, and creative. Personal suitability is of great importance, we believe that you should have a positive attitude and an enthusiasm for taking on new challenges. You are flexible and enjoy communicating and collaborating with others since you will be working with different projects in parallel. You understand the importance of achieving results, meeting deadlines, and ensuring high quality in your work. You have a passion for research and enjoy generating results as well as achieving goals both individually and together with the team.
The position is a full-time position based in Lund.
Application Please send your application (CV and personal letter) at the latest 30 September 2021. Interviews will be held continuously which means the position can be filled before deadline, so please make sure to send in your application as soon as possible.
BioInvent has a collective agreement and contact persons for the Unions are: Elin Birgersson, Akademikerföreningen and Jenny Nilsson, Unionenklubben