The BioInvent team covers all aspects of drug development, including discovery, preclinical and translational research, manufacturing, and clinical development
Together we are creating the exciting future of BioInvent, and we welcome you to be part of it – as our
Competitive Intelligence Manager
As an information expert you will provide strategic competitive intelligence to a diverse set of internal stakeholders, making you an authority on innovative use of information and data to help shape our trials, strategy decision making, portfolio, and business partnerships. You will use a variety of information sources such as scientific literature, patent database searches, competitive intelligence, industry databases, as well as attendance at relevant global industry conferences to compile and track industry trends, competing programs and important regulatory announcements. You will produce both regular as well as ad hoc reports for internal stakeholders to address their analysis needs and will be capable of rapid analysis of competitor news flow, ensuring stakeholders are well informed of developments in the external environment. You will be the internal expert on information sources and data analytics. Working closely with the CBO, you will track the evolution of key companies and will support the business development and partnering strategies and processes.
The Competitive Intelligence Analyst has significant business impact, directly and indirectly contributing to both R&D strategy and decision-making. The individual leads the monitoring and reporting of competitor activities and industry trends which are critical in ensuring that competitive focus and awareness is embedded into BioInvent culture.
The role has high visibility and offers the opportunity to connect with a range of internal stakeholders including: the Chief Business Officer, Chief Scientific Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Director Intellectual Property, Senior Director Investor Relations, and the Chief Operating Officer. Clear written and verbal communication is therefore critical.
Essential for the role
To succeed in this opportunity, you will have a real passion for oncology, immuno-oncology, scientific and clinical data, and information – in particular knowing what information you require, how to seek it out, and how to share it with the teams in an insightful way.
In addition, you will also have:
- Advanced degree in Life Science (PhD, PharmD, MD, but Masters’ degrees will also be considered)
- Deep understanding of the pharmaceutical clinical drug development process
- Experience in Oncology/Immuno-Oncology biology, or immunology or oncology related disciplines
- Demonstrable aptitude for analytical thinking, with a methodical approach to producing detailed and accurate work
- Strong capability in using data management tools such as Excel
- Strong ability to produce high-level syntheses of complex information
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, set priorities and follow a timeline
Desirable for the role
- Experience in defining and executing literature and database search strategies
- Significant experience / proven track record in the application of information and knowledge management in a clinical, scientific, or regulatory setting
- Previous experience in a competitive intelligence role in the pharmaceutical industry
Personal suitability is of great importance, and we believe that you are efficient, have a strong commitment and ability to make things happen. You understand the importance of achieving results, keeping deadlines while securing high quality deliverables. You are enthusiastic and enjoy creating results and achieving goals both individually and together with your teams.
The company is in Lund, Sweden but relocation is not a requirement for European residents.
To summarize, BioInvent has several value driving factors in place with great potential for the future. If you match the described profile and would like to contribute to important cancer research as a part of BioInvent and our exciting future, you are welcome to apply for the position!
Please send us your application, personal letter and CV and tell us why you are the right person for this new position, at the latest 31st of August 2022.
BioInvent has a collective agreement and contact persons for the Unions are:
Matilda Rehn, Akademikerföreningen and Jenny Nilsson, Unionenklubben