Bioreactor specialist/ Senior Scientist for large scale cell cultivation
At BioInvent, we are world experts on antibodies and tumor immunology, and we strive for developing first or best-in-class immuno-modulatory antibodies to treat cancer; new drugs that have the potential to transform cancer treatment and the quality of life of cancer patients. At BioInvent we carry out all aspects of drug development, including preclinical research, manufacturing, and clinical development. Together we are creating an exciting future for patients, for our company employees and for our investors. We welcome you to be part of it – as a Bioreactor Specialist/Senior Scientist
The position as Bioreactor Specialist/Senior Scientist is placed in the Division of Technical Operations. Technical Operations are responsible for all CMC related activities including process development, manufacturing, QC and QA. We develop processes and supply BioInvent’s clinical projects with antibodies, and additionally serve external customers as a CMO. At BioInvent we mainly use CHO cells for production, culturing cells in single use bioreactors in sizes up to 1000L. The work is performed under GMP in classified clean rooms.
- Producing antibodies by setting-up, operating and maintaining equipment such as bioreactors
- Adjusting equipment and process controls, calculating concentrations, dilutions and yields
- Securing robust and lean cultivation processes
- Share your expertise and be able to train and develop our cell culture team
- Equipment and process trouble shooting
- Interaction with customer
- Draft and revise documents such as SOPs, methods and technical reports
- Support IND/IMPD writings
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements related to routine functions
- Strategic technology development
- Be subject matter expert during audit
- Support to business development
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of industrial, therapeutic, large scale cell culture
- Experience in handling Single Use Bioreactors
- Documented ability to work across multiple projects in parallel
- A minimum of 3 years GMP experience
- Experience in customer relations and project planning
- Fluent in written and spoken English and understand Swedish
In addition, experience from cell line development will be an advantage.
Skills and Capabilities
We are looking for a driven, structured, self-motivated and responsible person, who easily collaborates and communicates with others both verbally and in writing. You have excellent problem-solving skills and you enjoy creating efficient working methods and contributing with your experience to ensure continuous improvements.
Your attitude and personality are of great importance - you are thorough yet efficient and strongly committed to making things happen. You understand the importance of achieving results, being flexible and adjusting to our processes, keeping deadlines and securing the highest quality of your work. You are enthusiastic and enjoy generating results and achieving goals both individually and jointly with your team.
If you match above described profile and are excited to contribute to BioInvent’s important cancer research journey, we welcome you to apply for this position.
The position is a full-time position based in Lund, Sweden. The working hours are mainly daytime, but the service will to some extent also be associated with certain on-call work during weekends or evenings. Reporting to Director Manufacturing.
Selection is on-going and interviews will be held continuously which means the positions can be filled before deadline. Please make sure to send in your application (CV and personal letter) as soon as possible, at the latest 2020-03-15
BioInvent has a collective agreement and contact persons for the Unions are:
Fredrik Wiberg, Akademikerföreningen and Jenny Nilsson, Unionenklubben